Monday, August 3, 2015

A Sense of Normal: Back in Bridgeport

We are back in Bridgeport! For four days anyway. It's nice to be back; Bridgeport kicks off our "normal" routine: four days here, four days at Tawakoni, back four days here, return to Tawakoni for four days, etc.

Like so many other TT campsites, we are virtually the only tent campers. When we made our reservations for this cycle, for some reason it said all the Tent and 30amp sites were booked, so we ended up having to reserve a 50amp, which of course, we don't need. We were able to switch it to a 30 amp site which we had scouted out our last time here: that would be the one closest to the main showers and laundry facility!!

Yes, it's the small things in life we take for granted until you don't have them anymore. Being at the main showers mean all four of us can shower at the same time. That's a big deal when you have a DD18 who takes 90 minutes to get ready!!

We are at the clubhouse with WiFi and air conditioning, all by ourselves, as usual. By this afternoon, I'll know if we get the trailer or not. If not, I may buy a small fridge at WalMart and bring it to the clubhouse every day. Lack of real refrigeration is an inconvenience which could be solved by a $66 purchase. I used to belong to a Refrigerator Alternatives group, and we've done fine without it so far, it would just be nice. One of those luxury items <grin.>

I had another witness Sunday that Texas is where we are supposed to be. Ok, I'm good with that. What I can't figure out then, is why it's so hard for us to get established. I can't help but wonder if we are just supposed to be like the House of Israel during the exodus...who had to wander 40 years until they burned off the crappy attitudes and behaviors. (Numbers 32:13). I hope it doesn't take us 40 years to figure out what we're supposed to be learning. I don't have that long, LOL.

In a few minutes I'm taking DS15 and whoever else wants to go to a homeschooling meeting. We're pretty excited about it...this is the main core group he will be doing things with. Once a month they have a "teen" party or event where they can all get together and socialize.

One of the main grocery stores up here in north Texas, Brookshires, started doubling and tripling coupons this weekend. They will double or triple up to a $1.00 credit or the cost of the item, whichever is less. So excited!!  It's ironic because I had just asked my RealFoodStorage group if they knew of stores in north Texas which accepted manufacturer coupons, and I purchased a Sunday paper (for the want ads) this weekend. Looking forward to re-building my food storage (where to store it? Another problem for another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment